Buying From Us
We hope you enjoy your shopping experience with The Pen & Paper. Just click on your chosen item and follow the on screen steps. If your find any problems please advise, we welcome any customer comments that may improve either our range of products or internet efficiency.
We endeavour to display the products in their correct colours with accurate details. On occasions there may be slight variation where possible corrections will be made.
Payment can be made by Paypal or Sagepay. With Payal the money is taken out of your account straight away, if the product is out of stock we will refund you straight away. If you have chosen Sagepay as your method of payment we will authorise the payment aslong as the product is in the stock. Your credit card payment is sanctioned by an approved third party who operate under strict banking regulations. We have no access to your credit card details ourselves. An invoice will be included with each delivery unless we are advised that the item is to be sent as a gift. In the event of an “out of stock” situation we would advise without delay. The customer reserves the right to cancel if we are out of stock.
Actual colors may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colors and that everyone sees these colors differently. We try to edit our photos to show the samples as life-like as possible, but please understand the actual color may vary slightly from your monitor. We cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product.
General Data Protection Act 2018
The Pen & Paper aims to –
- Make it clear to individuals who register for our website, mailshots, loyalty cards, for what purpose the information is held and that they can unsubscribe at any point
- We will only hold data for a given period. If we have had no transaction or activity with a contact on our database, it will be deleted after a maximum of 5 years. This applies to all data, including customers, staff, job candidates and any other information we hold on individuals.
- Information held is confidential and will be used only for the purpose it is intended for and for which permission has been granted i.e no selling of data to third parties unless permission has been granted.
- We must be able to show where we obtained our data from and on which date it was obtained. This is information held by clearing services we use, i.e Elavon, Worldpay, Paypal, Amex, Sagepay, Visa, etc. for payments. Loyalty Card information held by Loyalty Pro. Mailchimp, MailPoet, for e-mail communication. Employee information held on site in a secure location.
- All registration forms must explain that due to the rules, we need consent that our customers are happy to be contacted about directly relevant events and promotions, to be contacted by email, post or phone. Individuals who register with us must be told that they can withdraw consent at any time, and have their details deleted.
- Individuals will at any time have the right to require information about the data being held and processed about themselves, and The Pen & Paper must respond within a month.
- We will only collect or process data where we believe there is a legitimate interest.
- All staff are trained to understand their obligations.
All our products are displayed with VAT included at the current rate of 20%. This will only change by government legislation.
Customers outside the European Union will not be charged VAT.
Peace of Mind…….
Be assured that all information sent to us relating to any purchase will not be disclosed to any other party. All items are sold with the manufacturers guarantees and all rights related to the Sale of Goods Act, Trade Descriptions remain unaffected and you are also covered by the UK distance selling regulations.
Any item unsuitable can be returned within 28 days of purchase providing it is in its original condition. We will refund the original purchase price but not the cost of returning. Recorded delivery is advised so a customer can track the returned purchase.
If an item received is incorrect, damaged or faulty we would reimburse the costs of return.
Thank you for reading this information. Any other questions we are happy to answer, contact details are available at the top of this page.
Please note we are controlled and bound by government legislation on mail order/internet/distance selling.
13-17 Royal Arcade,
United Kingdom ,