Collection Of Information
In order to buy products from the Pen & Paper, you must provide certain personal details in order to complete your transaction. Information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
- Purchase products through the Website or over the phone
- Enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting
- Sign up to marketing/newsletters
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Site for registration
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Your IP address
Information we request and hold includes but is not limited to the following:
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Usernames and passwords for using the Site
- Payment card details
- Browsing and shopping activities
- Your customer queries
How do we use the information collected?
The Pen & Paper use information obtained from Site users as stated in this Policy and to enhance users’ experiences on the Site. Based on what you tell us about yourself and where we think it is relevant, we may contact you to provide information about The Pen & Paper, products and services, but you may tell us at any time not to do this by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email we send you.
We may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
- To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws
- To monitor and improve the services and the Site
- To manage your marketing preferences
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order
- In the event that you purchase goods on the Site, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product
- To verify your identity
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call the telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes
- To assist with any of your customer queries
Will We Disclose the Information We Collect to Third Parties?
Your privacy is important to us. We will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our services, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
We reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access to comply with the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984, 1998 and 2018. This means that sometimes we may ask for proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
For orders through the Shop, we work to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
The Site uses reasonable security methods to protect the personal data (e.g. contact details) that resides on our servers. However, no security system is impenetrable. The Pen & Paper cannot warrant or guarantee the security of its or its partners’ servers, nor can it guarantee that information that Shop Users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to The Pen & Paper or its partners over the Internet.
When you register to purchase products on the Shop, you will be asked to provide your email and password. You must keep your passwords confidential and must not disclose it to or share it with anyone. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your login details for the Shop. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies & Google Analytics
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. On revisiting our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once you close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may still use most of the features of our website.
In addition, our website also uses Google Analytics cookies to help us monitor site visits and customer behaviour. All data gathered by this method is totally anonymous.
Customer Feedback and Complaints
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy issues and the design of our website. Should you have such comments or have a complaint about how we are using your personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.