Our standard postage service is Royal Mail Second Class Recorded which takes around 2-3 days but it can sometimes take a little longer. If you haven't received your items after 7 days then drop us an email or give us a ring and we'll check the status of the parcel for you. If you need the items delivered quicker then you can select First Class Recorded Delivery (1-2 days).
UK orders £50 or more are sent via Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery, if the order is £49.99 and under then it is sent via Royal Mail Second Class Delivery. You also have the option for your delivery to be First Class Recorded Delivery & Guaranteed Next Day Delivery , for UK customers only.
For orders in the UK £49.99 or under you will not need to sign for your parcel. If the order is £50 or over then the parcel will need to be signed for, anybody can sign for the parcel. All international deliveries will need to be signed for. If you know nobody will be available to sign please contact us to arrange an alternate delivery service.
UK Delivery InformationAll orders received by 3pm Monday - Saturday are sent out the very same day providing the item is in stock. Any orders received on Sunday will be sent out the next day providing the item is in stock. If an item is out of stock we will contact you by email/telephone to give you the option of an alternative or refund.
UK Delivery Charges
- At the Pen & Paper all orders over £20 are sent out FREE second class standard delivery.
- If your order is under £50 your parcel will be sent 2nd class standard delivery.
- Orders over £50 will be sent 2nd class recorded delivery.
- First class recorded delivery, a charge of £5.99 will be added to the order total.
- We charge £1.99 for any deliveries that are under £20.
- Any orders over £100 we will send out 1st class recorded delivery FREE of charge.
- If you would like your order guaranteed next day we charge £7.99. Please note that orders must be placed before 3pm and orders placed on a Friday won't arrive until Monday and orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will arrive on Tuesday.
- We also offer click & collect for pick up in our Cardiff store.
European Delivery ChargesOur European charges are based on the value of the order.
- £0 - £19.99 we charge £6.99.
- £20 - £99.99 we charge £9.99.
- £100 and over we charge £12.99.
Rest Of The World Delivery ChargesOur rest of the world charges are based on the value of the order.
- £0 - £19.99 we charge £9.99.
- £20 - £99.99 we charge £15.99.
- £100 and over we charge £24.99.
Yes all our prices shown on the website include 20% VAT. If you are a customer outside the European Union you will not be charged VAT , the price is shown in brackets.
If you have lost or forgotten your password you can simply go to my account and click on the lost my password link.
The Pen and Paper are a real shop! We have been selling quality pens, stationery and art materials since 1996. Unlike many of our competitors who operate off shore or from a warehouse we have a retail store based in Cardiff's city centre in the Royal Arcade. The owners Philip & Wendy Bottrill and staff work in our retail shop and may be involved with the processing of your internet order. All contact details can be accessed via the 'Contact' page.
If you're unsure about the exact details of a product or if you just want reassuring you can drop us an email or give us a call and we'll be more than happy to help you out and give advice. All our contact details can be found here.
No problem. We can refund or exchange any item within 28 days of you receiving it so long as the items haven't been used and are in resalable condition. All you need to do is send the items back to us with a note explaining what you would like us to do. You can also give us a ring or email us for more advice.
All payments are through Sage Pay, a safe and secure form of payment and regulated by the banks. The card details are not visible to us , we are only authorised by Sage Pay which therefore offers peace of mind. You can also pay with Paypal which is secure.