Celebrating 20 Years at The Pen & Paper
From the 2nd October to the 11th October 2015 the Pen & Paper will be celebrating 20 years in business thanks to our loyal customers. To honor this occasion we will be having various offers online & in-store plus events going on in our Cardiff store.
Pen & Paper Timeline
- 1996 – In April 1996 The Pen & Paper store was born. It consisted of Philip and a few staff working on the shop floor, while Wendy was still running the garage business & being accountant for the Pen & Paper. ( Women can Multitask , Men can’t ) . We started off selling pens, gifts, cards & notebooks. Our 3 main selling brands for pens were Parker , Sheaffer & Waterman.
- 1998 – We start expanding our business by selling art materials.
- 1999 – Our Pen range now includes Cross & Lamy.
- 2001 – Our first website is launched which is just a generic website for the Pen & Paper store.
- 2003 – Pen & Paper move store ( 2m across to the other side in the Royal Arcade ) to expand the business. The store was back up and running in 48 hours!
- 2003 – Our website is no longer generic, due to the vast development in e-commerce we now start selling our products online.
- 2013 – Cardiff Retail Awards – Pen & Paper win silver store of the year award – Second to John Lewis.
- 2014 – In November the Pen & Paper gave the website a makeover making it 100% In-house.
- 2015 – Celebrating 20 years in business thanks to you our customers!